Experience is a stat that builds up overtime by fighting, dancing, or using a staff. Once this stat reaches 100, it returns to 0 and you gain 1 level.
You gain different amounts of EXP depending on what action you preform, and what level you are while doing so. You also gain additional experience if you are fighting a boss.
The equations for calculating EXP are listed below.
- Damaging an enemy with a higher level: (enemy's level - your level)+5
- Killing an enemy with a higher level: ((enemy's level - your level)+5)*5+25
- Damaging an enemy with a lower level: 5-(your level - enemy's level)
- Killing an enemy with a lower level: 25-((your level - enemy's level)+5)*5)
- Healing an ally: Based on staff
- Dancing for an ally: 40-(Your Level)
When fighting a boss, damaging or killing the boss awards doubled EXP.
Being in an advanced class increases your level by 20 during these calculations. The maximum amount of EXP you can gain during one action is 100, and the minimum amount of EXP you can gain during one action is 5, regardless whether or not the result from the above calculations are higher or lower than than these numbers, respectively.
You gain different amounts of experience when using a staff, dependent on what staff you are using.